Listen to a debate on how to prevent radicalisation - chaired by EIP's Peter Brorsen.
The attacks in Paris and Istanbul have shaken Europe to its core. What possesses a young person to strap a suicide vest to his per-son, aiming to maim and kill civilians? While we hear many stories of failed integration across Europe, there are also stories of Muslim communities where radical Islamist views have never gained a foothold. What are these communities doing right? What can civil society do to help these communities flush out the poison of radicalism? Is there a role for the European Union in preventing radicalization?
The European Institute of Peace, Tuskon and the Friedrich Naumann Stiftung organised a debate in Brussels to examine these questions. Listen to highlights of the debate:
- Hans H. Stein - Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom
- Adam Deen - Quilliam Foundation
- Veronique Ketelaer - European Forum for Urban Security (EFus)
- Serafettin Pektas - Intercultural Dialogue Platform
- Maurice van der Velden - EU Radicalisation Awareness Network
- Peter W. Brorsen - European Institute of Peace
© photo: Friedrich Naumann Stiftung