Gender Expert (Belarus)
The European Institute of Peace is looking for exceptional individuals who share our vision for a world where people live in safety and peace because conflicts and grievances are resolved through inclusive dialogue and lasting political agreements.
We provide practical experience, technical expertise, and policy advice on conflict resolution. We use a variety of tools to help us do this, including analysis, mapping and design of peace processes and agreements, facilitating policy discussions, and proposing practical engagement, for example through inclusive dialogue and mediation support.
Based in Brussels and active in over a dozen countries, the European Institute of Peace is an independent organisation working collaboratively with European decision-makers, the parties to the conflict, and those who represent people suffering from insecurity or at risk of violence, as well as the conflict prevention, resolution and mediation community.
Our innovative approach to peace enables us to be agile, creative, and effective in everything we do, and these are key qualities we look for in our team members. See www.eip.org for more information.
We are looking for a Gender Expert to conduct a gender analysis on Belarus to start on 17 December.
Terms of References
In close coordination with the Institute’s Belarus Team Leader and Programme Officer, the consultant will conduct a gender analysis and mapping of the socio-economic and political situation in Belarus, with a focus on forward-looking solutions and recommendations.
Among a range of tasks, the consultant will be required to:
- identify key stakeholders to be interviewed for the analysis.
- conduct a short desk review of existing research and reports and formulate key research questions and methodology, supported by the the Institute’s Belarus team. This will fully factor in the Women, Peace and Security Agenda.
- carry out in-depth interviews online (or in person depending on Covid-19 restrictions) with key stakeholders in Belarus.
- compile, edit and finalise a report on the gender analysis capturing key findings, ways forward, and 2-3 recommendations (20 pages maximum).
- contribute to and participate in a roundtable discussion on the findings of the report.
Duties and responsibilities
- Advanced university degree in gender studies, political science, sociology, international relations or a related field.
- Minimum five years of experience working on gender.
- Advanced knowledge of the Women, Peace and Security Framework.
- Experience working in Belarus.
- Experience working at a high political level on sensitive and confidential topics.
- Perfect command of English.
- Ability to work independently, with meticulous attention to detail and as part of a small team.
The Institute offers
- Consultancy contract (20 days)
Please submit in English:
- your CV (Name_Surname_CV_ Gender expert)
- a one-page motivation letter (Name_Surname_ML_Gender expert Belarus) demonstrating your qualification according to the profile, including a financial proposal.
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline is 3 December 2020 at 00.00 CET (midnight). If selected, we will contact you for a short interview, which may include a written test. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for application: 03 December 2020