The European Institute of Peace (EIP) is looking for exceptional individuals who share our vision for a world where people live in safety and peace because conflicts and grievances are resolved through inclusive dialogue and lasting political agreements.
We provide practical experience, technical expertise and policy advice on conflict resolution. We use a variety of tools to help us do this, including analysis, mapping and design of peace processes and agreements, facilitating policy discussions, and proposing practical engagement, for example through inclusive dialogue and mediation support.
Based in Brussels and active in 15 countries, the European Institute of Peace is an independent organisation working collaboratively with European decision makers, the parties to conflict, and those who represent people suffering from insecurity or at risk of violence, as well as the conflict prevention, resolution and mediation community.
Our innovative approach to peace enables us to be agile, creative and effective in everything we do, and these are key qualities we look for in our team members. See www.eip.org for more information.
We are looking for a Development Intern to support the European Institute of Peace to provide general support to the Senior Management Team and to the Senior Fundraising Advisor, working towards setting and achieving fundraising targets.
Terms of Reference
The European Institute of Peace is developing new funding opportunities to diversify and increase funding sources in support to its mission.
This internship is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience of the Institute’s work and of its fundraising streams. It will be of particular interest to someone wanting to gain knowledge of and experience supporting fundraising, particularly with respect to the private sector.
As an intern, you will provide general support to the Senior Management Team and to the Senior Fundraising Advisor, working towards setting and achieving fundraising targets.
Duties and responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the research of new funding opportunities, with particular focus on trusts and foundations;
- Ensure timely follow-up with key contacts identified by the Institute;
- Support the development of funding proposals;
- Provide support in developing and maintaining a data gathering system;
- Keep donor records up to date;
- Support at events as required.
- University degree
- Excellent command of English is essential. Any other EU language is also an asset;
- Keen interest in fundraising;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Proactive, creative and enthusiastic;
- Ability to carry out administrative duties effectively;
- Desire to learn, develop and advance personal career prospects;
- A flexible attitude towards work with a willingness to learn new skills and to assist the wider team to get things done;
- Excellent written skills with the ability to tailor templates, thank you letters, updates and applications;
- Strong IT skills, in particular Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- 6 months internship contract with a possibility of extension at €1,000 per month
- Lunch vouchers
- Contribution to public transportation to and from the office
- 40h/week (with 6 RTT days – one day earned per month), and
- An exciting, international environment
The successful candidate must have the ability to work in Belgium (Belgian or EU citizen or currently in possession of a Belgian work permit) and will need to reside in or relocate to Belgium when the employment contract starts.
Start date: End of September 2022
Please submit in English:
- your CV (Name_Surname_CV DevelopmentInternship);
- your motivation letter (Name_Surname_LM_ DevelopmentInternship)
The deadline is 28th August 2022, midnight. If selected, we will contact you for an interview which includes a written test. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The written test will be held on 01/09/2022, and the interviews on 08/09/2022.
Deadline for application: 28 August 2022