Events and Communications Internship
The European Institute of Peace is looking for exceptional individuals who share our vision for a world where people live in safety and peace because conflicts and grievances are resolved through inclusive dialogue and lasting political agreements.
We provide practical experience, technical expertise and policy advice on conflict resolution. We use a variety of tools to help us do this, including analysis, mapping and design of peace processes and agreements, facilitating policy discussions, and proposing practical engagement, for example through inclusive dialogue and mediation support.
Based in Brussels and active in 15 countries, the European Institute of Peace is an independent organisation working collaboratively with European decision makers, the parties to conflict, and those who represent people suffering from insecurity or at risk of violence, as well as the conflict prevention, resolution and mediation community.
Our innovative approach to peace enables us to be agile, creative and effective in everything we do, and these are key qualities we look for in our team members. See www.eip.org for more information.
We are looking for an Events and Communications Intern to support the Public Affairs and Communications Officer within the Executive Director’s Office.
Terms of Reference
We are looking for an Events and Communications intern for 6 months to start as soon as possible. Working from the European Institute of Peace’s Brussel’s office, the intern will support and report to the Public Affairs and Communications Officer in raising the Institute’s profile through event management and content creation. The successful candidate will need to reside in or relocate to Belgium when the internship starts.
Duties and responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Supporting the coordination of the European Institute of Peace in-person, online and hybrid events internally and with external partners;
- Media and policy monitoring;
- Distilling and translating complex policy arguments into compelling news and social media content;
- Producing newsletters;
- Proofreading and formatting articles and papers for publication to meet our house style;
- Basic data management duties;
- Other administrative and communications tasks as required in order to streamline our activities and boost productivity.
- University degree in Communications, Political Science, European Studies, International Relations or related field;
- A broad understanding of the functioning of the European Union institutions and knowledge of European politics;
- Excellent command of English is essential. Any other EU language is also an asset;
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products;
- Graphic design and video editing skills would be considered an asset;
- Excellent social media skills and ability to spot and adapt to emerging online trends;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- A fast learner with good analytical and research skills;
- Good organisational, prioritisation, communication and teamwork skills. Can work autonomously and shows initiative;
- Ability to work in Belgium (Belgian or EU citizen or currently in possession of a Belgian work permit.)
- 6 months internship contract with a possibility of extension at €1,000 per month.
- Lunch vouchers.
- Contribution to public transportation to and from the office.
- 40h/week (with 6 RTT days – one day earned per month).
- An exciting, international environment
Start date: January 2022*
Please submit in English:
• your CV (Name_Surname_CV);
• your motivation letter (Name_Surname_LM_Policy and Communications Internship).
Submit to: email@example.com
The deadline is Friday 15 October 2021 midnight. If selected, we will contact you for an interview which includes a written test. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*Please note the start date originally stated mid-November but has now been postponed until January 2022.
Deadline for application: 15 October 2021