Based in Brussels and active in over a dozen countries, the European Institute of Peace (www.eip.org) is an independent organisation working collaboratively with European decision-makers, the parties to the conflict, and those who represent people suffering from insecurity or at risk of violence, as well as the conflict prevention, resolution and mediation community.
We provide practical experience, technical expertise, and policy advice on conflict resolution. We use a variety of tools to help us do this, including analysis, mapping and design of peace processes and agreements, facilitating policy discussions, and proposing practical engagement, for example through inclusive dialogue and mediation support.
Are you captivated by our innovative approach to peace, and do you want to contribute to the mission of our institute? Do you share our vision for a world where people live in safety and peace because conflicts and grievances are resolved through inclusive dialogue and lasting political agreements?
We are looking for a HR Trainee to join our Human Resources team and to support the Institute’s operations on different HR projects. As HR Trainee you will gain a valuable hands-on experience with a variety of HR functions.
Your place in your team
As HR Trainee you will be part of a small and enthusiastic team, consisting of the Sr HR Officer and the HR assistant. The HR team is part of the operations department that reports to our Chief Operating Officer.
- In collaboration with the HR Assistant, support the onboarding of new hires and ensure the roll-out induction process
- Prepare the contracts of employees and consultants, and keep the staff files up to date
- Assist in the drafting of vacancy notices and post them on different sourcing channels
- Support the coordination of selection processes of new staff and consultants
- Help with CV screening
- Support the identification of organisational and individual training needs
- Assist in the design and implementation of HR projects (internships, digitalisation of onboarding, staff wellbeing, skills review)
- Support the organisation of social events and teambuilding activities
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Human Resources Management; Personnel Administration; Office Management; or other relevant field
- You are motivated and enthusiastic to start a career in HR. Some previous experience in HR is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of English, as this is the main language at EIP. Knowledge of French or Dutch is a plus
- Good knowledge of MS Office, as you will have to draft documents in Word, and add information in Excel tables
- You are legally entitled to work in Belgium (meaning that you are either a EU citizen, or in possession of a Belgian work permit).
What we are offering
- An exciting Traineeship in an international environment (18 nationalities represented at the Brussels Office)
- A six-month full-time paid traineeship under the Belgian CIP framework (Convention d’immersion professionnelle)
- Traineeship allowance of 1000 EUR/month, meal vouchers, reimbursement of public transport and telework, and A SIM card
- 40h/week and 1 day of paid leave for every month worked
- The possibility to telework 3 days a week
Start date: March 2023
The selected candidate will need to reside in or relocate to Belgium when the employment contract starts.
Apply at the latest on 29/01/2023 (Central European Time)
Send your CV, including 2 reference persons (Name_Surname_CV_HR trainee); and one-page motivation letter (Name_Surname_ML_HR trainee) to email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview before a final offer. Due to the high number of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
EIP firmly believes that diverse perspectives are key to our work. Therefore we are committed to equity, diversity and inclusiveness. Your qualities and commitment are what matter to us, regardless of race, nationality, gender, age, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.
Deadline for application: 29 January 2023